It is important to know foods to avoid pimples and blackheads during adolescence as they are a terrible nuisance, both physical and psychological, causing some embarrassment. Pores – also called hair follicles – are tiny holes in the skin through which hair and hair growth.
When pores become blocked, either by dirt, dead cells, oil or microorganisms such as bacteria, pimples appear. They usually appear on the face, arm, back and chest. In oily skin, they tend to be more frequent.
Hormones are one of the main factors for the appearance of blackheads and pimples. During puberty, your body goes through very drastic hormonal changes that can trigger the production of sebum, a natural substance that, in excess, considerably stimulates the formation of acne.
In addition, lack of sleep, stress and other aspects of modern life are also linked to the formation of pimples and blackheads in adult women, according to a study published in the Archives of Dermatological Research.
However, our internal health is reflected in the skin. Glowing and beautiful skin means that it is well cared for and hydrated and that the person pays attention to the food consumed, that is, to the diet itself.
So to get rid of pimples and blackheads, prepare your grocery shopping list, and include these foods!
Foods To Prevent Pimples And Blackheads
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called allicin, a potent bactericide and anti-inflammatory, bringing benefits to the skin and the heart. Discover all the benefits of garlic ;
- Avocado: is a rich source of vitamin C and E, which also reduces inflammation in the skin and moisturizes it naturally;
- Nuts: Another abundant source of vitamin E, zinc, magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron, all excellent ingredients for skin health. Zinc deficiency is linked to acne, so an extra dose of zinc will be very beneficial.
- Red grapes: Grapes contain many antioxidant substances that fight skin inflammation, eczema and psoriasis. They are also known to alleviate the side effects of allergic skin reactions;
- Artichoke: another food full of antioxidants and vitamin C. They are full of fiber, which helps remove toxins from the body, an excellent option for maintaining healthy skin.
- Brown rice: source of vitamin B, magnesium, protein and antioxidants. One of the properties of vitamin B is to regulate hormones, so it is an essential food in preventing the formation of pimples and blackheads.
- Broccoli: contains vitamins A, B, C, E, and K. These vitamins help fight skin damage, making it brighter and luscious.
- Fish: are sources of omega three and omega six fat, which can also be found in capsule form. These substances help to reduce inflammation, which is responsible for reactions that generate clogged pores and the appearance of acne;
- Oysters: contain the mineral zinc, which can reduce the effects of acne. Also found in toasted wheat germ, pumpkin seeds and also watermelon seeds.
- Fruit and vegetable juices: These are foods to prevent pimples and blackheads because many contain beta-carotene, which naturally reduces skin oiliness and is anti-inflammatory—predominantly yellow and orange fruits like peaches and vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes. Dark leafy vegetables also help to eliminate impurities from the body. Berries from the blackberry family contain great phytonutrients, as do tomatoes, rich in lycopene.
- Probiotics: Reduce inflammation and oxidative stress. Scientists believe they can prevent the formation of blackheads and pimples. They are found in yogurts and also in kefir.
- Green tea also has antioxidants that protect the skin against environmental aggressors such as the sun and pollution. It can be consumed throughout the day. Green tea, made from the dried leaves of Camellia sinensis, is one of the most consumed beverages globally. It has many health benefits, ranging from helping with weight loss to preventing diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s.
ALSO READ: WEIGHT LOSS MIRACLE LEMON DIET: